Contact Your Legislator
Protect The Hemophilia Treatment Center System in Michigan
Please enter your zip code below. Our Online Advocacy Tool will display contact information for your local legislator and provide you with talking points and a template letter so you can most effectively LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD.
Talking Points (for use in your letter)
Hemophilia is a very expensive disease to treat. The average cost for the medicine is $150,000 - $250,000 per year. The Michigan Department of Community Health, through Children’s Special Health Services, provides the following for individuals and families with Hemophilia:
- Access to treatment at one of the 9 Hemophilia Treatment Centers throughout Michigan
- Allows them to participate in home care rather than seeking treatment at an emergency room
- Allows those that are able, to be employed
- Allows them to lead relatively normal productive lives
Without these adult services the following may occur:
- Frequent trips to the emergency room for treatment
- Will need to qualify for Medicaid program, which is more costly to the state of Michigan
- If they are working, they will have to stop working
- If they are married, they may have to divorce their spouse so that they can continue to work
- Without the adult provision in CSHCS, program costs will increase by as much as ten times
Support HFM with your tax-deductible donation.
Sign up for your annual membership to the Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan!
Many companies match their employee gifts to nonprofit organizations. Please click here and enter your company’s name in the box to see if your company has a matching gift program. If so, by applying for matching funding through your company, you will be able to make your donation dollars go further and increase your impact and support of HFM’s programs and services. If you have questions, please contact Gwyn Hulswit at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-961-3506. Thank you.